In 2014, British Dressage (BD) launched a new competition for riders of all ages and abilities called ‘Team Quest’ (TQ) supported by Kent and Masters saddles. Teams of three or four riders from a pool of up to 7 riders will ride as individuals across any of the three test levels from Introductory to Novice level. The best three scores count towards an overall team total, with the highest team total winning the competition. Each team will be awarded Team Quest points based on the team's best five placings and will be ranked on a regional leaderboard, which takes the top teams forward to a Regional then a National Final!
2017 was the first year of competition for the Collective TeamQuest riders, who are proudly supported by Baleno, a quality country clothing range. It saw huge progression in each riders confidence in the arena as well as in their performance. With regular training sessions and test riding practise days held at Collective Equestrian, the teams also formed fantastic friendships and really supported each other. Both Collective Dreams and Collective Daydreams qualified for the Regionals in early October 2017, with Caitlin Clancy winning the Novice TeamQuest and MyQuest competitions individually both on over 71%. Phoebe Crossman, age 6 was 9th in her Intro whilst Emma O'Connor was 7th. In the prelim Scarlett Matthews came 7th on almost 69%, with the other rider just outside of the top ten in huge classes. This meant that Collective Dreams came team 4th and Collective Daydreams in team 6th, both teams were awarded wildcards to the TeamQuest National Finals later held at Bury Farm Equestrian Village at the end of October. Unfortunately each team was without their top scoring rider however they came home with plenty of rosettes and prizes! Phoebe Crossman won the youngest rider trophy, a lot of the teams were teenagers, our riders were all under the age of 14 so to come back with team 16th and 19th was quite an achievement for the first year of competition, with some top 10 individual placings!
The 2018 season has started, and the Collective Daydreams already have a win under their belt, with Collective Dreams coming a close 2nd place at Mendip Plains EC.
A third team, Collective Dreammakers are soon to make their debut - with 2018 looking to be even more exciting!
2018 Collective TeamQuest Riders:
- Poppy Williams age 9 riding What’s the Buzz and Brynffos Solitaire
- Phoebe Crossman, age 6 riding Ginger Ninja and Jackpot Joey
- Neha Walker, age 13 riding Goodlands Melody
- Lily Williams-Musitano age 10 riding Woodroyd Gayboy
- Grace Churton age 14 riding Penhwnllys Serene De Mon
- Lily Dadswell age 8 riding Weatheroak Manor Jazzie
- Meggie Dury age 11 riding Wellstan Aidan
- Emma O'Connor age 12 riding Elwell Master Craftsman
- Lara Denyer age 11 riding Logan
- Lily Williams-Musitano age 10 riding Doddenhill Petit Fleur
- Harvey Dury
- Lily Hales-Barker age 8 riding Southwark Bucks Fizz
- Olivia Hales age 8 riding Mr Jenson
- Olivia O'Connor age 7 riding Henry
- Jemina Windows age 10 riding Dawethorn Dibbles
- Holly Cooke age 10 riding Farriers Fair Lady
- Lily Grace Burge age 9 riding Sardis Grace